About the Competition
The Indian Society for Legal Research (ISLR) is pleased to announce it’s National Blog Writing Competition 2020 on “Emerging Legal Aspects in the 21st Century.”
The participants can choose from any of the following topics-
- Constitutional Law
o How the ordinance making power of the executive affects the independence of the legislature?
o The legality of electoral bonds
o The legality of Internet Shutdowns in a democracy
- Technology Law
o Data Privacy as an indispensable asset
o Issues in the proposed Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019
o Advances in Robotics and AI and its impact on law
o Digital Currency vis-a-vis the Right to Privacy
- Narcotics and Law
o Legalization of Marijuana (India v. World)
o Constitutionality of Death penalty vis-a-vis repeat offenders under the NDPS Act
o Drugs and Punjab: A long drawn battle
- Property Law
o Affordable Housing (India v. World)
o Analysis of Government schemes on Affordable Housing (Indian context ONLY)
o Sustainable Development and Affordable Housing
o Dispute resolution in the Real Estate Industry
- International Law
o COVID-19 and its impact on the International Economy
o State responsibility for actions of terrorists
o Economics sanctions as ‘Use of Force’
- Banking Law
o RBI and crypto-currency
o Islamic Banking
o White Label ATMs
Note: Clubbing of topics is not allowed and the article should deal with one topic ONLY.
- Law students (i.e. undergraduate and postgraduate), Research Scholars and legal professionals.
- The Competition is open to Indians as well as foreign nationals.
- 1st Rank- Rs. 2500/- and a Certificate
- 2nd Rank- Rs. 2000/- and a Certificate
- 3rd Rank -Rs. 1500/- and a Certificate
- Top 15 Ranks will be awarded a Certificate
- Top 25 Articles may be published on our website
- All participants will be provided with an E-Certificate of participation.
Submission Registration and Application Details
- Co-authorship is permitted. (Maximum of two authors)
- Essays should be the original work of the participants. Any kind of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- The article should be in English ONLY.
- The word limit for the article is 1500-2000 words. The word limit is inclusive of the footnotes.
- 20th Edition Bluebook format of footnoting should be adhered to for the purpose of citations.
- The submission should be made only in “doc. Docx.” format.
- Upon submission of the article, ISLR will have exclusive copyrights to the article and the author will not be able to submit the article to any other platform until the results of the competition are declared.
Submission should strictly follow the following rules
- The submission should include the name of the author, the course they are involved in and the institute they are affiliated to.
- Body – Font – Time New Roman, Font size- 12, Line spacing- 1.5, Alignment- Justified
- Footnotes – Font – Time New Roman, Font size- 10, Line spacing- 1, Alignment- Justified
- The file has to be saved in the following manner ONLY – Full Name of author, EXAMPLE – AmanTiwari
Please note that there is no participation/ registration fee.
All participants must register themselves by filling the following google form
Please note that if the participant is not registered his/ her submission will not be considered.
The submission should be sent on this email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of “SUBMISSION FOR BLOG WRITING COMPETITION”.
- Last date of Registration: 10th May 2020.
- Last date of submission of the Article: 10th May 2020.
- Announcement of the result would be latest by 15th June 2020.
No submission will be accepted after the last date of submission.
Please contact –
- Saharsh Panjwani – 9013965521
- Tanya Agarwal – 8800410645
- Harsh Vasu Gupta – 8194940110
- Abhishek Jain (BLOG Content Manager) – email@example.com
For further information or clarification, send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.